Friday, June 13, 2008

Flood 2008

This is a picture of our church here in Iowa City. The sky above is interesting, too. This is where I teach art to preschoolers. I hurt. I know God is in control.
This is the preschool side of the building. The playground is behind the tree on the left.
We are still waiting for the river to crest - sometime next week, they are saying. It's like nothing anyone has seen. This past weekend we were participating in the Iowa Artsfest and it had to be completely shut down due to the winds and storms. From there we went into sandbagging mode! Now is the helpless feeling of loss and yet we do not mourn like those who have no hope. My husband is out of work due to back surgery and now I have lost my place of work. But praise God, He is still on His throne! And we are His people. He is refining us. I pray that He lavishes me with creativity as well as compassion and love for others.

1 comment:

  1. hi coNnie,

    Sending good thoughts your way during this difficult time.

    iN jOy,
    sUz

    ReplyDelete