Monday, November 12, 2007

Creative Works by Connie Berends

There is good in every day if we just look for it. Some days the good is more obvious than other days. That's for sure, but it is the day the Lord made, so rejoice and be glad in it. This piece is painted on a long narrow canvas.

Another long narrow canvas - a reminder to take a chance now and then to be yourself. This also ties in with our recent obsession with wild funky birds.
It was seldom quiet when our kids were still home. Now, well, guess all the noise wasn't them after all!!! I sold this piece recently. I hope it's going to a good loud home.
Life can be a circus - maybe a balancing act in a circus - or a clown act - whatever!!!
I like my kitchen, but I hate to cook. I do dance in my kitchen when no one is looking! Dancing, singing, it all helps get me through the cooking part!!!

Dolls! I've never outgrown them! These are made form vintage quilt fabrics, old sweaters, and fleece. The flat pieces on the floor are made to hang on the wall. The doll crib is not for sale, it was mine when I was a little girl. I guess it's still mine when I am a big girl! The wonderful alphabets in the background were done by Laura.

1 comment: