Tuesday, May 17, 2011

ModPodge and the Gospel

Friday I went to a local store and bought a number of art supplies, one of which was MODPODGE. I had some pieces to finish up for a show this weekend and on Monday I was all set to ModPodge, but it wasn't in the bag with the other things I'd purchased. I hunted all over for it, even checked the car. hmmm......wonder if it's still at the checkout! So I called the store and they said it wasn't there, but if I came in, they'd give me another one. So I made another trip over, explained it to the checkout person....fine....went home and finished my projects. Now today I find that the original "lost" jar of mod podge had apparently rolled out of the bag and underneath my couch! (notice it has lost its capital letter status with me temporarily). I am tired, frustrated, and still have lots to do this week. Do I want to run back over to that store again? no......is it really a big deal?........no.......but God is not going to let me off the hook that easily, I already know it without even trying it. So, as much as I don't want to, I get in the car and take the modpodge back into the store. I thought about asking for the manager - maybe he or she would give me great kudo's or something - but remembering it's not a big deal, I just went to the checkout person and explained my situation. After sounding like a complete scatterbrain, I went ahead and purchased the extra jar (heaven knows I'm gonna need it anyway!) Then she quietly said,"hey, thanks for being honest!" I fell back into my car and was thinking, dang! I'm tired! when the radio announcer says, "are you just so darn tired of trying to do the right thing? well, fall on Jesus and rest on Him!" WOW! talk about timing! He cares about all the stupid little things I do. EVERYTHING is about HIM! -MOM Winger

5 comments:

  1. I love it. Love your honesty, love how God works amongst us. Even in the smallest situations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that is not a clear message from our Heavenly Father, I don't know what is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't it just make you feel so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is sooooo good! What goes around comes around in this life...it pays to be honest!!! God Bless You for that one!!! :)

    ReplyDelete