Sunday, December 30, 2007

Happy Art Year

Why does the new year threaten to bring on a feeling of restlessness for an artist? A "what now" question? Maybe even a "how can I top that" attitude? Silly, since there's nothing new under the sun - only a new or different way to do it. I continually pray for the Creator to give me yet another way to express myself in my artwork. He proves Himself faithful and true over and over again. If I can just be still long enough, He covers me with a sense of knowing. When an idea occurs to me, it's like a sweet gift sent from above. It has nothing to do with a new year's resolution or outlook and it happens by divine appointment, not by the calendar year or my schedule!!! Yes, I am excited (& even a bit restless, I must admit!) for what is in store for Things with Wings - I just need to stay quiet and pay attention so that I don't miss any of it!!! Happy New Art Year, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. This was such a blessing for me to read ;) I will be excited to see what comes from staying quiet and paying attention.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete