Tuesday, June 15, 2010

a Different Tuesday Post

This is a different kind of post today by Mama Winger Connie. It seems like lately we have been kind of boasting and tooting our own horns, with so many great things happening to Things with Wings. We so desire in this high time to remain humble. I want to share a paragraph from a devotional book I pulled off the shelf, randomly turning to this page last night. "Dear Lord, Thank You that You oppose those who exalt themselves, and that You exalt those who humble themselves, giving them Your grace. As the Master Artist, You are able to take my wounds, scars, blotches and the messes I make and blend them into a beautiful design, to the praise of the glory of Your grace."
Having shared that, these little babies are what I use for cutting paper - small things. They are probably the most serious tool I've ever owned. And here is the bandage where I managed to stab myself in the arm with this cute little tool. I seriously thought I was going to pass out from the pain. It bled like crazy. My husband brought me ice, antibiotic, bandage and love to ease the pain. Then I was back to work on my next project. Don't even ask how one manages to do something like that because I have no idea, except that I'm very clumsy, but at least there was no damage (or blood) on my "masterpiece" - glory to the Master Artist!



3 comments:

  1. Ouch! Just a few weeks ago I had tripped and kicked a large garbage bag in my studio. Just happens a Xacto blade was sticking out and it went completely through my toe! Yep in one side and out the other...darn art tools. I did exactly like you and kept working on my project...artist are crazy!

    I enjoyed what you wrote from your book. God is amazing how he gives us just what we need to hear at the perfect time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouchy! Glad to hear you are on the mend, and it wasn't serious. Also good to see you gals at the Arts Festival! Your booth was lovely!

    ReplyDelete