Thursday, November 21, 2013

Before and After



Do you all remember this sad old lamp I showed you all on Facebook, back in August?  It came from a thrift store here in town called Houseworks and I spent $7.50 on it.   I loved the shape of the base and knew it had to come home with me.  That day I also found this mirror for $15.  SCORE!




We decided to spray paint the base of the lamp an islander blue color.  The white shade came off of the previous lamp we had in the same spot.  (The base had broke but there was still some life left in the shade!) Originally I thought I would paint the mirror frame too, but the more I got used to it in our space the more I realized that it complimented the accents of orange we've got going on and it blended well with our dining room set.  

Here's what the lamp and mirror look like today:


We love how it turned out!
Ah, the power of paint!




No comments:

Post a Comment