Monday, October 24, 2011

Inspiration

Here are some things that have been inspiring me lately:

Hedgeballs in our yard.  We gathered them into a bright green bucket.  There's just something about those competing greens...  


Centerpiece on our kitchen island.  Black and white really do look really great with any other color!  Especially teal green:


One of our very favorite places to get patterned paper is in the process of going out of business.  :-( 
(They're still looking for a buyer, if you know of anybody that's interested in owning a scrapbooking store!) We've been watching from week to week as their supplies dwindle and the deals get better.  Last week everything in the store went from 50 to 60% off, and so despite the fact that I really don't need more,  I found myself spending almost $40 in paper.  I'll let you do the math. 


A trip to Goodwill on a search for a red and yellow striped tie for my oldest's halloween costume resulted in all of these other oldies but goodies coming home with me.  At the time I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them, I was just inspired by the patterns and colors!  And at $1.37 a piece, it wasn't a huge risk.  But now I've got some ideas in the works:


I'll show you the results of my experiments later on this week!

What have you been inspired by lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment